For a change things are actually starting to look up. I have three different headhunters looking for work for me. Today alone, I got submitted for three jobs. I am most excited about a Field Engineer opportunity which is 75% travel throughout the United States and I think this would be up my alley. The only problem is the other 25% of the time where I have to work out of an office. The office is located an hour and a half from where I live. I offered a lower salary in return for a hotel for the 5 days per month that I work out of the office. I don’t think it will go anywhere.
Now for the really good job opportunity: a Telecommunications Technician with the State of Delaware. I am excited about this one even though it is somewhat on the lower side of my pay scale because it of the retirement pension benefits. I don’t mind trading money for security. If I could eek out 25 years in this role, I would most likely make about 60,000 – 65,000 a year in pension and then tack on some social security. I would be able to live at least in stable poverty in my twilight years.
I have also been submitted to a LAN/WAN job in Philadelphia which would be kind of interesting work because it’s a junior level network engineering position. There would be a lot of opportunities to learn and I love to learn and problem solve, so this too, would be good. For today though, I am happy that it is Friday and the end of a roller coaster of a week. I am hoping things next week are not so up and down and more even keeled.